Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Up and Down

...with my San Francisco Giants...

Whew, what a weekend! Yesterday the Giants played against the LA Dodgers in their stadium, and lost 9-1 while looking like an unsteady Little League time without their ritalin...it was painful to watch.

Tuesday evening, they looked like world beaters. After going down in order in the 1st, the Giants got it together in the 2nd. Buster Posey hit the first pitch for a single. Brett Pill knocked the 1st pitch he saw out of the park! The Giants never looked back, turning four double plays, and commiting zero errors.

Winning Pitcher, Ryan Vogelsong: 7.1 IP, 8H, 1R, 1ER, 3BB, 1K, 0HR, ERA 2.94 Santiago Casilla notched the save, while the Giants handed Dodgers' Ace LHP Clayton Kershaw his first loss of the season.

Once again the world is spinning in greased grooves...

...which brings me to my Giro d'Italia fantasy team...My Young Lion, and Giro d'Italia leader, @taylorphinney tweeted: "Last night I couldn't walk, tonight I can hobble. We have a TTT tmrw and to defend. Pain? What pain. This is what dreams are made of!"

Thank God today was a rest day! Wednesday's Stage 4 is a TTT, the Team Time Trial, my favorite cycle racing event. Nothing else in sport is like it. Beautiful, dangerous, dramatic...it has everything  you could ask for.

Tonight TeamCorduroyPlanet is on top of the heap in my Giro d'Italia Fantasy Bicycle Racing League. Phinney and my World Champion Sprinter, Mark Cavendish, both hit the ground hard at 75KPH Monday...100M from the finish.

Phinney crossed the finish line in the ambulance, and needed three stitches in his left ankle. Manxman Cav has road rash all the way down his left thigh and calf. Sanctions were made for dangerous riding by the racer that caused the pileup. X-Rays showed no broken bones in Phinney's ankle.

I can sleep in Wednesday because my guys don't start until after 0600 PDT. The TTT isn't on TV in the States, but Internet streams are available.

I'm off to a satisfied sleep...good night, and Happy Belated Birthday to BajaBabe!

No comments:

Post a Comment