Sunday, March 14, 2010

Wound Up, Winding Down

So, how's that new Lunch Break Edict workin' out? So far I'm batting .500 over two shifts...

It's funny how different planning to do something later in the shift is from planning to do nothing later in the shift...

Both Friday and Saturday nights we were rushed. Friday Mother Nature was whipping up the weather, and Saturday we lost an hour to Daylight Savings Time.

To make the new rules a little easier to comply with, I added a Kitchen Timer to my backpack...

The timer didn't save my lunch break Friday...blowing snow and an Event on my Mountain nixed my well planned Lunch Break...I could have lingered for a half an hour at the end of my shift, but sitting in the Crew Locker Room feeling stupid didn't grab me. I'd much rather spend that half hour back at the DaveCave.

This whole new Lunch Break Regime has introduced a new emotion into my job...Loss. Now I get to feel Loss at the end of my day if circumstances derail my lunch break. Loss sucks, it's a lousy thing to feel at the end of your work day. This is gonna take some gettin' used to...

Winding Down
I just woke up on my first day off. I almost made it to the end of the first Formula 1 race of the 2010 Season. My TiVo watched the F1 race and the first IndyCar race so I could enjoy them at my leisure.

There's Major League Baseball Spring Training going on in warm states now, and Trout Season opens in April...many pastimes are on my horizons.

Once I get up, I get to cook my homemade Corned Beef...it's been sitting in the brine for two weeks, and St Patrick's Day is almost here!

This weekend I go shopping in Reno and do some Tech Housekeeping and laundry.

Sounds relaxing, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment