Friday, March 19, 2010

Hope Floats

What a grind last night! The Work Orders were sensibly sized, and still I put the Boss in a tractor for the AM Home Stretch! It was rough going...the dreaded soft snow just under a thin hard shell.

I woke up this afternoon and looked at the Mountain Sensors...there's Hope for tonight. Afternoon highs are down 10 degrees from yesterday's highs. NE Winds are to blame...sometimes the Easterly and Northerly wind help "dry the pack"...so. I'm hanging my "Hope Hat" on that.

I watched Sacramento's Senior Weatherman on the 6 O'clock News, who said: Winds end tonight...not a peep about the Back Door Flurries that missed us by a mile...the warming trend will continue the rest of the week...it's gonna be awesome nice at the Ancestral Digs come Monday!

Even I am daydreaming about tomato plants and vegetable gardens, so I guess the end is in sight for this season.

I woke up again and looked at the Reno AFD Yikes! Dry out the pack? More like blow it away!
 TONIGHT...EAST TO NORTHEAST WINDS WILL CONTINUE TO INCREASE OVER
THE SIERRA CREST WITH SURFACE HIGH PRESSURE BUILDING INTO THE
WESTERN GREAT BASIN. MODEL 700 MB WINDS INCREASE TO 40-55 KTS BY
MID EVENING AND PERSIST UNTIL FRIDAY MORNING. GUSTS 80-90 MPH WILL
BE QUITE POSSIBLE OVERNIGHT BEFORE WINDS BEGIN TO EASE OFF AS THE
700 MB WIND SUPPORT WANES BY AROUND SUNRISE FRIDAY.


Away indeed! Hold on to your hats! I'm outta here! (hurricane remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment