Thursday, October 27, 2011

Did You Feel It?

I was just getting ready to write when I had a strange feeling...I wondered is that an earthquake? It was more like I could feel the groundwave coming...that is I didn't feel a shaking, but I felt a feeling that made me wonder: "Is that an earthquake coming?"...then the DaveCave shook pretty good.

I clicked over to the Drudge Report for the Quake Sheet Link. Nothing...I refreshed the page and there was a good sized red box. Magnitude 5.2. I refreshed again Mag 4.8, epicenter, roughly half way between Truckee and Quincy. 23 miles from Truckee. Sacramento's NBC Affiliate KCRA3 broke into the Tonight Show twice in 10 minutes to talk about it. They felt it down in Sacramento too, 90 miles from the epicenter.

But that's not what I sat down to write about...
Wednesday 6:22PM
Boreal fired up their snowmaking system Tuesday night.In fact, they kept the fans running until almost noon! Today they fired up before I checked in at 9PM It feels colder tonight, but the forecast says warming. I saw Boreal video on a couple of newscasts Wednesday. Boreal's looking good at 12:35AM

Thursday 12:30 AM
KCRA3 broke in a third time to report not much new on the 'quake, and asked viewers to chime in on their Facebook page. USGS downgraded the Magnitude to 4.7

No comments:

Post a Comment