Thursday, February 10, 2011

Niche Sports Nirvana Ahead!

Lookie here what I found on Facebook taday!

Yes, Stage 2 of the 2011 AMGEN Tour of California is gonna roll right by the DaveCave! The ToC put up a YouTube Video for your enjoyment (or enticement!) Truckee's newspaper has the story today as well.

The best bicycle racers in the world will be going at it hammer and tong right through Truckee, and up Old Highway 40 over Donner Summit, down through Nevada City and finish in Sacramento with two laps in front of the State Capitol.

The 1000 ft climb up Donner Summit is a grinder...I know, I've done it a half a dozen times over the years. Even though I'm a Local and acclimated to the 7100ft air, it's a genuine Lung Burner...who am I kidding, it's tough on a Motorcycle!

Looking East from atop Donner Summit, Donner Lake w/ Old Hwy 40 in foreground.
That's the Transcontinental Railroad roadbed on the right
It's not quite the fabled Alpine climbs of Le Tour de France like L'Alpe d'Huez, but it's right in my backyard, and it'll do just fine, thank you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment