Friday, February 18, 2011

Just Relief

Well, 12 hour shifts in heavy blowing snow does force even the most excited groomer to get his sleep!

Home at 1PM, Happy Hour lasted 30 minutes before the in-depth study of my eyelids began...even SPEED's Live coverage of the "Gatorade Duel at Daytona" couldn't keep me from entering dreamland post haste.

Awake at 7:30PM, I've got the replay of the racing on the tube...let's just say Sunday's Daytona 500 should be a barn burner...

About Last Night
Even though the Heavens opened and snow poured out in copious amounts (My Mountain reported 22 inches of snow for the 24 hour period) conditions were wonderful! Refusing to be obscured, last night's Full Moon put a fine light on everything, taking the sting out of the difficult climbing and tough seeing. The fact that we got more snowfall during our shift last night than we did for the entire month of January did wonders for spirits, too.

I started leaving the hill at 0900, but on my way back to the shop, I kept finding things that needed to be done...buried roads and footpaths mostly...by the time I'd picked up the loose ends and filed my after action report, it was noon.

Nap Time
So it's back to bed for a little extra Power Naptime...it's funny just how comforting a crackling Police Scanner can be...especially after a month of  "Radio Silence"

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you will have some happy skiers next week.

    Snow in the foothills the other day. Winter is back, even in the flatlands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No lie!

    They'll be here in droves for the Holiday weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of scanning ...

    I just got done testing a trial version of ARC-300 to make programming of a Radio Shack PRO-163 easy. It was nuts trying to do it from the front panel of the unit. It works pretty good so I snagged a registration from the BuTel website.

    Maybe they make some software for your scanner Truckee Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baja Babe of the NorthFebruary 19, 2011 at 12:47 AM

    It looks to be a cold one today! Brrr.

    Hmm. After listening to a scanner all day at work, the last thing I want to hear is the crappy squelch of reports of idiots on wheels sliding off the icy mountain roads.

    On Wisconsin!

    ReplyDelete