Thursday, February 17, 2011

Just Damn!

So...here I am...layin' in bed, twenty minutes before BedTime, Wednesday...the trouble is, I'm fully adrenalated...yes, adrenaline is fiercely coursing through my veins, preventing my lesser sleep hormones from doing their assigned tasks...it's my tiredest cliche...for lack of a more creative thought, I'm like a little boy on Christmas Eve...yet again.

I followed my own best advice, and stayed up all night. Not difficult really, the wind was makin' plenty of noise...and every hour or two, a large Ponderosa Pine Cone would slam into the DaveCave's protective skin or front porch causing a momentary Fight or Flight Response.

At 0430, the Local TV News Shows began their "Storm Watch" coverage...plenty of wild remotes of windswept reporters, snowy webcam feeds, rulers in gloved hands measuring the snowfall, and viewer photos of puddles and ponding...what's not to like? After a month+ of fair weather, you could say: "I Live for this stuff!" Sadly, I fell back to sleep around 0630, and woke up at 0830...d'oh!

Here at the DaveCave, I cleared an honest foot off my front porch at 1100. The wind had abated, and the trash and recycling needed to go out for pickup...Wednesday is Garbage Day in my subdivision...and it was still snowing!

I took some snaps as the storm dawdled, finally arrived, and the snow piled up. The Winter Storm Warning continues, and the Reno NWS Office says:

ANOTHER WINTER STORM IS LIKELY FOR THE SIERRA STARTING THURSDAY
AFTERNOON THROUGH FRIDAY EVENING.

View from the mouth of the DaveCave 2/14/11 6:37PM

12:20AM 2/15/11
Lull in the action 2:12PM 2/16/11
So far, so good!

Competing for my attention, my niche sports are all trumpeting their latest Siren Calls...
Bicycle Racing: 
Lance Armstrong announces his retirement 2.0
2010 Tour de France Champion Alberto Contador is exonerated of Doping Charges that would have stripped him of his TdF Victory.
All of AMGEN Tour of California's Stage Details are now announced.
Motorsports:
Middle East Unrest gives pause to Formula One Organizers over the March 3rd beginning of three days of testing, and March 13th's Bahrain Grand Prix...the verdict still out...
Daytona 500 Pole Sitter Dale Earnhardt Jr. wrecks racecar in morning practice session, will start Thursday's qualifying race in backup car.
America's Cup News:
More challenger syndicates announced, bringing total to five including the Australians back for their eighth challenge.
Exhibition America's Cup Racing to begin this July 2011 on San Francisco Bay!
Non-Niche News:
World Champion San Francisco Giants begin Spring Training in Scottsdale, AZ- Pitchers and Catchers reported Monday 2/14, position players report Friday, and full squad practice begins Saturday. The Giants open their season Friday, April 1st at the LA Dodgers.

No wonder I can't sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment