Saturday, January 15, 2011

Checkin' In

I'm between sleep shifts. Thursday night's shift looked to be a grinder from the outset...freezing rain made the highway treacherous, and the piste difficult. Call it "Candy Coated" with a cream-filled center...I called it diabolical...

Swing shift said the skies cleared around 9PM and the mountain set up shortly thereafter.

After negotiating the glacier that has transformed the shop road and parking lot, actually getting out onto the mountain was a relief, though slow going.

My crew shone brightly, and we made the best of the Sow's Ear we were dealt...we did everything on the Work Orders with some changes, and were off the hill before the lifts turned...Silk Purse! No small miracle given conditions!

When I woke up this afternoon, I did a little tech housecleaning...It's been just over a month since I got my new Naked DSL hooked up at the DaveCave...still no bill in the mail or in my inbox...I called AT&T twice before I actually spoke to a human...

As I suspected, my bill had been mailed to the DaveCave, where I don't receive mail service. Everything about setting up the DSL service has been screwed up from the get-go...After the first week of snafus, I had to cancel the whole shebang and start over! Now, with CS Agent Jason's help, I may finally have everything straightened out...I'll know when my bill arrives next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment