Thursday, October 21, 2010

Great Scott!

I believe that was The Daily Planet's editor Perry White's all-purpose exclamation in the old Superman TV Series...

Confession: I was a Batman kid...not the campy 60's TV Show, but the awesome DC Comics Batman! I watched the Superman show in reruns after school long before I started reading comic books.

I use the phrase because I'm at a loss to find an appropriate adjective to describe the indescribably delicious victory of my San Francisco Giants tonight in Game 4 of the National League Championship Series!

Tonight's contest turned out to be almost literature!

Our plucky, under the radar underdogs battled the Kings of the Major Leagues to eke out the victory in the scratch it out a little at a time fashion that's been their stock in trade since they began playing playoff-style baseball in early August.

Tonight's game was a see-saw battle that saw the Philies tie up the game in the 8th inning, and bring in their best starting pitcher to close the game. With one out, San Francisco's banged-up shortstop, Juan Uribe, came to the plate...and with two strikes, belted the game winning sacrifice fly.

What an explosion of emotion in the stands! Giants' Fan Believe! A game for the Ages to Giants' fans...we are ready!

I may not get to sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment