Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sweet Torture

There's just something about September Baseball. Last night's game flat wore me out.

Most of the year baseball is known as "America's Pastime". When your team is in it, in September, fighting for the Pennant, it's not a pastime anymore...it's transformed into something else...something alternately ecstatic and epic....some would say Biblical, what with all the praying going on.

Down the stretch, emotions are high...every pitch becomes a weighty drama...every close call becomes a controversy, or worse a conspiracy. Lots of emotional exercise, while time no longer passes weightlessly!

Last night's San Francisco Giants game versus the Colorado Rockies was one of these "Titanic Struggles", full of ups and downs...torture as the Giants' TV announcers quipped.

I didn't realize it at the time just how much it took out of me! I woke up this morning two full hours later than usual...after turning in early! In just a couple of hours, I get to do it all over again!

With my team in it in September, my Sundays are bulging at the seams with Sporting Diversions. Add Pennant Race Baseball to my niche sports, throw in a little NFL football and it's enough to make a man weary!

I recorded this morning's Formula One race from Singapore...it's the only F1 raced at night, under the lights. Singapore at night is very telegenic. I'll be catching the race replay in HD when the San Francisco 49ers kickoff against the Kansas City Chiefs.

Sheesh! It's a half an hour 'till kickoff, an hour to the green flag in Singapore, and the first pitch is just two hours away now!

I'd better get a quick power nap and call it a weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment