Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday On My Mind

As I expected, my alarm roused me only to get reset for another hour. I finally started paying attention around 0730.

I tuned in the Tour and mostly used it as background until the bitter end when the announcers' voices sounded frantic...then I paid attention!

I took inventory...legs stiff, feet sore...I didn't dream last night's Death March!

I checked the internets for Tour Commentary, and was saddened to learn of Tyler Farrar's withdrawal from the Tour. His wrist wasn't healing while racing, causing much pain. He couldn't go on with 50km to go in Stage 12 Friday. Brave man, that Tyler.

Tyler's American team, Garmin/Transitions lost another rider to injury before the start of Thursday's Stage 11. Robbie Hunter, the only South African in the Tour didn't start because he broke his elbow.

Tough men the bicycle racers.

I'd better get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment