Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Good Mornings!

I'm running a little behind today.

The good news is: I got the whole day's night of sleep! The bad news is: Ice Fishing with SturgeUrge was scrubbed. Sadly, it's just as well...snow started blowin' in before 11AM at the DaveCave Tuesday. Tuesday morning, I called Doc at the Mini Mart/Tackle Shop nearest Boca Reservoir for the Ice/Fishing Report...Doc said: "The ice had been softening last week...but we had two cold nights" "I was out there Sunday, and heard they were catching some nice fish early in the week."

I weighed the intel with the approaching Cold Front, and weather forecast, and called it. I rang SturgeUrge an hour and a half before our appointed rendezvous to advise: "Have you got a
Plan B?" SturgeUrge and his GF went skiing...I made a shopping trip to Reno.

Reno was ugly! They got 24 inches of snow Saturday night, when we only got a half inch on Donner Summit! Three days after their snowstorm, most of the snow was still on the streets! Boy, those lanes were narrow! I made quick work of my errands...COSTCO Gas, COSTCO, WinCo for groceries, and home!

My head hit the pillow at 3:30PM...just a little behind schedule. I awoke at 7PM...logged on to the 'Net to see if I had to report for Jury Duty in the morning...Nope! and went back to bed...the Olympics weren't going to mess with my sleep this week! At 9:30 I woke up again...in time to wait for the alarm...was it Women's SkierCross or Men's Giant Slalom? It's all starting to run together...there is more Curling, right?

I hit the driveway a little early...fired up the Honda Snowblower, blew the driveway, and hit the road to work...

We had a good night...my tractor's tiller never suffered a single confused electron, and never missed a beat! The storm really pounded between 0400 and 0630...we rolled some trails three times!

All this time I've been spending behind the sticks of our new Bisons is taking it's toll however...my beloved BR350 seems so slow now! I remember that all my great tractors over the years haven't been the fastest... but when they do get to the jobsite, they do more work, push more snow, and generally kick more ass than the newest, fastest, shiniest interlopers vying for my favor...

My ol' BR350 rocks! I'm looking forward to tonight's shift. Good skiing today...this storm will break before tonight...Thursday's gonna be epic people...call in well, and hit the slopes! There's only half of Winter left now!

No comments:

Post a Comment