Saturday, May 8, 2010

Plan B, Again


I got an email from Jerry Otto this morning:

Hello TruckeeDave,

"As you know the fishing was non-existent. Water flows and temperatures were
off and the fish were lethargic to say the least. I fished for a total of
about 2 hours in 11 days. I caught nothing. This was the first time in about
3 years I was skunked in Markleeville.

I have several contacts in the area that will call when the fishing
conditions improve. I will keep you and SturgeUrge in the loop and I hope to meet
you up there soon."

Tech War
So I played along with Samsung Support today...I downloaded the firmware update, and installed it. meanwhile I discovered that my AV Receiver had Optical Inputs, and got the cable from my local hardware store and...voila! The Blu-ray Player lights up my subwoofer!

I don't know if it was the Firmware Update or the new Optical Cable...but It's good to go now! I watched three movies on Blu-ray tonight..."North By Northwest" "Gladiator" and "Master and Commander" ...great shit Maynerd!

I haven't let Samsung off the hook...they're still on my shit list...I am after all "settling" when everything possible on the player isn't up to snuff...but there's enough to keep me happy...

2 comments:

  1. It's an interesting day in the neighborhood...being almost fiddy ten has caused a rearview mirror retropspective (yes, I believe that is one would call an oxymoron).

    I'm thinking of Hibernian Crude and some delectable chocolate ice cream.

    yeah, isn't that what it's all about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I brought the old ice cream churn down to the Inland Valley this time!

    Forgot the ice cream cookbook. D'oh!

    ReplyDelete