Saturday, January 23, 2010

Another Grinder

I see a light at the end of the tunnel...I only hope it's not an approaching train!

Things went into the dumper right off the bat last night. We had one machine down when I got to work. Two crew members were MIA...after the phone calls, one was sick and the one who overslept was on his way. That's when machine #2 blows a hydraulic hose. A half hour later I pick up the operator from machine #2 When I call our Graveyard Mechanic to come in early, he says He's trying, but his truck needs a battery charge before he can come in...when it rains it pours...

We soldier on. Making the best of a bad situation isn't the best way to spend a night. It's hard sometimes to enthuse over the 5-6 feet of snow we got this week when you're trying to make the most of tonight.

I woke up tonight looking for solace...sick, twisted freak that I am, I sought said solace at the Reno NWS Website! the AFD to be exact...there is a light at the end of the tunnel! The Siege ends tomorrow! So, we get a break, and I get a weekend off!

I can only hope the the final weekend of NFL Playoff Football will be worth watching! So, I'll kick off my weekend fighting off sleep to watch me some post season football. Home made pizza with a side of football and a nap...Mmm, mmm, good.

I may not have the weather on my side Monday morning...I'm headed down to the Ancestral Digs. I gotta get reunited with a garage-full of my carpentry tools and fishing tackle!

No comments:

Post a Comment