Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Steady Rain

I'm still up at 2:20AM. By my calculations, it's been raining steady for 24 hours now.

About four hours before the storm...
I just put the trash and recycling out at the curb here at the Ancestral Digs. It's been really raining all day...the gutters are running high and wide.

I stayed up too late last night too...I awoke to a knock on my door after falling back to sleep at the end of the Brazilian Grand Prix replay on SpeedTV...My alarm roused me at 0600, I listened to Armstrong and Getty until the race started at 9AM, and I noticed a little scratchiness in my throat...a good day to stay home, I thought...

The tickle in my throat is gone, thanks to Sister K's Barley/Minestrone soup, and the copious amounts of water I've been guzzling all day. I got a couple of naps in...I guess it's just what my body ordered!

I feel like I ran up the White Flag when I fled down the hill Monday afternoon, but the bright side is I can get a headstart on the Ancestral Diggins. There's still time to get a crop of Chinese Pea Pods in before the heat of summer sets in...hopefully...

I want to move some gladiolus before they push up, and a hydrangea that would be much happier on the shady side of the house.

Tomato seeds start this week, and I need to research the supposedly frost resistant variety of Dwarf Meyer Lemon trees newly available to home gardeners...

The forecast says there'll be a break in the rain Thursday...I'll take it...the 11 O'clock News said there's already been 4 inches of rain in the Bay Area.

Team Oracle, the America's Cup racing team is in San Francisco for another two weeks of training on the Bay before heading off to the America's Cup World Series round in Naples, Italy. If the weather clears Thursday, and the winds cooperate, I'd love to see the AC45s work out...



No comments:

Post a Comment