Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Big Tease

Tonight the mercury just doesn't want to fall those last few degrees. Snowmakers earn it when they're watching the thermometer.

The Reno AFD says the cold front will bring some snow Thursday evening...not a bunker-buster exactly, but snowfall in early November none the less...

I wrapped my chores this afternoon, so I can make my final escape to the Inland Valley before Thanksgiving ushers in the new season. I'm the family turkey chef now that my Dad's passed away, I treasure the Thanksgiving ritual...two days in the kitchen. I love those free range turkeys from Sonora.They seem a little pricy...until you taste 'em!

I guess I'm plugged in for ski season now...I've been looking in on Boreal since sundown...and the nearby PWS stations tell the story. After getting down into the low 30s, the temps are rising into the 40's

You can't see 'em, but here's Boreal's snowmaking crew...really earning it.
No worries...natural snow by this time Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Brrr is all I can say. Does it seem darker than usual this year? Do you think the Japanese earthquake skewing the axis?

    Need to travel south.

    ReplyDelete