Saturday, August 20, 2011

More Fun Ahead

I made it just under the wire...the Vuelta a España starts today with a Team Time Trial at 0800 PDT

I left selecting TeamCorduroyPlanet's fantasy racing team to the bitter end, but I'm looking forward to three weeks of racing to keep my mind off of the increasing din of politics...it's too early to rev up the next presidential campaign. Couldn't the 24/7 CableNews keep to shark attacks and missing blondes in Aruba until Labor Day, please? The DC Pols have the decency to take August off, take a hint TV!

I guess I did "put down the binoculars"...I haven't even given a thought to my new Tour. Today will be busy, Sister K and her hubby are coming to town, I've got to shop the Farmer's Market, and I want to build a pasta salad and a batch of Bakesale Betty's coleslaw. I think I'll make some paletas too.

Dinner will be grilled...whether it's flesh or flora TBD. I have been hankerin' for some Eggplant Spaghetti lately...on the other hand, there has been fresh albacore at my local grocery...maybe Grilled Tuna Salad Niçoise?

No comments:

Post a Comment