Friday, June 3, 2011

Good Morning

I guess I needed all eight hours last night. It was about 0100 when I actually closed my eyes. My alarm went off at 0600 and I woke up, tuned in the Armstrong & Getty Radio Show and fell back asleep two seconds later. At 0930 I finally woke up for good.

To say I'm tired of the rainy weather would just be more beating a dead horse, but I'm not physically tired...heck I haven't done any real physical work in weeks. I think I'm psychically worn out and in need of a long duration Solar Recharge. There's a syndrome like SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) caused by lingering Winters that overstay their welcome. Once I'm fully rested and recharged, thinking of a snappy moniker for the malady will be child's play...now I've got molasses on the brain. That's gonna be a problem until it warms up...

I remember the last time Winter hung on for dear life. I was standing in the checkout line at the grocery store. It was mid-May and it was snowing again. Everyone in the line was downcast...all looking at their shoes not at the other shoppers. At the time I thought: "Jeez, If Spring doesn't start soon, it's gonna be a huge Public Health problem".

Same thing this year...I wanna play in the garden...not in the mud.

No comments:

Post a Comment