Friday, April 16, 2010

Still In Trouble

I'm awake now...it's only 6PM...I've banked five hours of sleep...I'm gonna be needing a couple more hours before I head off for work tonight.

The burnout from last night's debacle notwithstanding, I'll be earning it again tonight...I logged onto the Reno AFD when I woke up, and looked at the remote sensors and saw the Hero Snow making a hasty retreat. Until the next system arrives next week, we'll be doing Spring-Like temperatures. Today's High Temp topped out at 20F above freezing, and 16F higher that yesterday's High. Highest of the last seven days, I'm surprised I haven't heard the Cheeseburger Birds calling yet.

Still, the lingering winter-style show kept the interest of our guests...they've been coming up in droves! We've been doing Land Office Business this month...most seasons, my Mountain is more like my Ghost Town by mid-April. Thanks to El Niño, this surprise bonus has everyone smiling big wide grins.

This season hasn't turned out to be a Drought Buster, but it's moved us in the right direction. So far, so good.

1 comment:

  1. I'm guessing that the natural lakes and rivers are at their capacity. It's the man made reservoirs and water canals that are failing to meet public demand. Hopefully with Cali's financial problems there will be an ongoing flight of population to other areas of the country. Especially to areas that actually have the water to support the population.

    One has just gotta love the transiton between winter and spring on the West Side of the Sierras! If you blink, you might miss it.

    ReplyDelete