Sunday, October 4, 2009

Chain Controlled

Well the hits just keep on coming! Chain controls over US 5o this morning. I waited to catch the Sacramento TV AM Weather...there wasn't much to see on radar. I checked my mountain's webcams, and there were some flurries showing, but no accumulation. I went about my daily chores and didn't check in until after sundown. Now there was some snow piled a few inches deep showing on the webcams, but nothing falling from the sky anymore. As I write, I'm looking at Sac TV's 11PM News, and there's nothing to see on the radar again.

This afternoon, I chatted with my Mom about the snow reports, and thought about when I might head up the hill for the season. The past two seasons, I didn't start until the first or second week of December. Nine weeks, in round numbers. I've still got a few weeks to get the outdoor projects done at the Ancestral Digs, and over at SturgeUrge's place. The first snow always sets off a ticking clock, so to speak...days are getting shorter, nights longer.

I'm looking forward to the season...I'm hoping my prediction of a "normal" winter's precipitation will be proven accurate. I love my job, it's the most fun you can have with your clothes on, when it's going right. I'm a little nervous about the coming season because I'm paying more attention to the weather and the Sun this year than I have in the past two. Predicting the weather more than a few hours out is always a crapshoot. I always open my big mouth...it's what I do.

As always, time will tell...I'm hoping the tale won't be told before Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment