Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Geeks Are Gonna Geek

The nexus of a real, live, historic battleship and the latest, greatest modern computer simulated war games is a hot topic this week in the online geek universe.

Gizmodo, the geek's hangout of the Gawker Empire, gave some love to the planned computer game stations to enjoy precious space aboard the USS Iowa museum in San Pedro.

I'm on thin ice here...having never played any PC-based simulated war games...in fact I never played many video games either. I can count on one hand the number of times I played Space Invaders, Asteroids, Pong, Pac-Man and Ms Pac-Man combined.

The only game I ever played enough to record a score worth displaying was called Kick. A standup video game featuring a clown riding a unicycle that catches falling balloons on his pointy hat, and kicking the balloons that aren't caught back up to be caught for a score. Oh, and every once in a while an old cartoon-style bomb falls in lieu of a balloon...these have to be avoided...or, ***GAME OVER***

But that was one ski season long ago...the season before I first climbed into a grooming machine which I found to be much more compelling than the video game machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment