Monday, December 19, 2011

Cool

Well Saturday night was pretty much like Friday night's shift, except I got more done, and took a 30 minute lunch break. Mostly I buried geological outcroppings (Or as we've called them for decades...rock groups- Without irony I must say)

The weather was a little too nice, I parked and only heard the sounds of snowcats far up the mountain. The silence of the rental compressor farm only confirmed my shirtsleeve temperature observation. I walked up the shop road with my jacket over my arm, quite the difference over marching into the brisk East Wind the night before.

Long story short...The snowmakers finally fired up around 0430...just barely. The persistent temperature inversion kept temps warm all over the mountain save for the lowest trails around the base areas. Snowmakers were shutting it all down at 0830...I felt their pain...

2 comments:

  1. It was a gloomy, grey, river valley day...then it got brite! After receiving my electric bill, well, I'm in favor of higher temperatures. Alas, that is not going to be the case. Looks to be dipping down in the teens come later in the week and with no sign of precip!

    They should make a snow making device that fits onto the tractor that you drive and spits out insta snow! Kinda like spitting out insta grass!

    The quote over on the side bar of being "condemed to repeat history" got me into perusing the origins of the U.S.A. Constitution and then one thing led to another when I clicked on Morris then I got interested in billionaires...some really strange businesses make people a lot of dinero.

    Especially the Walton clan of "Walmart". I think I counted 4 or five of them in the top 25 B of 2011. A Mexican takes top honors due to his telecom monopoly in Latin America. Of course Gates and Buffett come in next and after.

    Go figure? Who knew people had that much to say? Or that must junk to buy? Or that much money to buy it "all" with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another thing about history that I've noticed is that it tends to repeat itself over and over and over again. We are what we are and because of what we are we will probably have one of those predictable story book endings.

    Boo Hoo.

    ReplyDelete