Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Wandering

You'd all hate me if I said I feel like I've been wandering in the desert for the last 30 years, but weirdly that's how I feel this afternoon...

Perhaps it's because I just watched this week's "American Experience" on PBS. The 90 minute documentary, "The Assassination of Abraham Lincoln"  was chilling...America was saved by President Lincoln, and his murder just after the Civil War ended was almost more than the country could bear.

After a six day week, with tons of snowfall, it's no wonder I'm sensitive to external stimuli...

Politics is boiling up across the globe...Tunisia, Egypt, Yemen, Bahrain, Libya, Wisconsin, Ohio...Lord, let me up! Somali pirates kill American cruising sailors, and deadly earthquakes in New Zealand...oh my!

News today from Europe...The Bahrain GP scheduled for March 13th has been "postponed" due to political unrest in the Kingdom...lot's of grousing in the press...

Thanks to Amazon and CowboyStudio, some small diversion came to my PO Box today...some gear to make video easier to produce in my snowcat...some mounting brackets, a shoulder mount, and an LED Video Light...stay tuned...

As a diversion tactic, I managed to install some Old School Groomer's Swag on my Bike Messenger Bag.

The Tucker Sno-Cat Key Fob is most of 30 years old!
SturgeUrge is in the neighborhood...it's his Timeshare Week at ClubTahoe over in Incline Village. I'm not sure we'll have an open window of time to get together this week...weather will tell...

The Reno AFD says we're in for it starting Thursday...I'm down with that...gotta get the precip whenever we can...I want the local Boat Ramps to still be in the water come October!

No comments:

Post a Comment