A little trip down memory lane may help...just last week, the High Sierra endured a protracted spate of tropical rain storms. Mercifully, my boss asked if I'd like Saturday night off, and I was glad to oblige...four shifts of near non-stop rain were more than enough for one week!
Tuesday evening the rain turned to snow...when I got to work Tuesday night, the snow had moved South, and a few stars were twinkling through the clearing cloud cover. Sadly the clearing came too late to catch the peak of the Geminid Meteor Shower...so I capped a pic from SpaceWeather
|Geminid meteor and Aurora Borealis over Sweden's Abisko Natl Park|
Meanwhile back at the forecast offices, NWS forecasters are running their suite of models and have been buzzing about the "Next significant weather event" now forecast to enter my wheelhouse Friday.
I woke up Wednesday afternoon in time to view the afternoon news shows, and every weatherdude and dudette were excitedly touting the coming systems. KCRA3's @MarkFinan called for 3-6 feet above 6000ft
Every Sacramento TV News show featured a story on possible flooding with the next storm system and the local hydrological preparations.
I heard similar stories from my Reno radio stations.
Three to six feet...another 3-6 feet...in time for the Christmas Holidays? Awesome!
It's gonna be close, timewise...I need my mountain to "drain" enough so I can build some bridges, i.e. "fill" some creeks, and re-establish the cross-country trails. I committed to Friday, and it looks like we'll have cold temps until the storm system arrives Friday night.
Pretty sure I can cash that check...umm, Mother Nature? A little help?