Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Holiday Reading

It's Sunday night and I've been toiling all week at the SturgeUrge Compound, so I'm pretty tired. (I did get up in the middle of the night to watch the Formula One Finale, so it's my own damn fault).

Tonight after my shower and dinner, I settled in to do some recreational reading online...

Since I was a teenager, my first choice in fishwrap has always been the San Francisco Chronicle. Today that means SFGate.com

Today's Travel Section is the annual Skiing Special. You'll find articles on "What's New at Tahoe Resorts" "Where to Eat" and "Where to Soak and be Pampered" for Spa aficionados...the paper even covers "Shopping from Gear to Goofy" too.

Just so the won't be accused of being too parochial, they have a story on Vail, CO too.

I always love the Special Travel Sections...it's the Dreamer in me...Mexico, Hawaii, Provence, Japan, Skiing...Mexico, Hawaii, Skiing...done 'em all, still get to Mexico whenever I can.

The Skiing Special has been my favorite for decades now...it's always got the "What's New at the Resorts Primer" Look at Sunday's issue...no new lifts in the Tahoe Sierra this year. Tahoe Resorts did well last season. I'll admit that I've been surprised by both seasons since the Financial Meltdown. Business at My Mountain was good both seasons. What was interesting was the gain in Midweek Skier Visits. A little midweek skiing or snowboarding takes the sting outta unemployment I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment