Thursday, March 11, 2010

Home Again, Home Again

I needed that! I'm pale, I'm rested, and I'm ready! Hell yeah!

I'm ready for some serious Mountain Grinding after a restorative three day weekend at the Ancestral Digs!

Waddya know? I won $10 in the Super Lotto, even!

I'm all fired up about my Corned Beef Project...my festive holiday morsel should come outta the brine and into the stockpot just in time for St Patrick's Day! Tuesday's Luncheon at my Mom's Church featured Corned Beef with all the fixin's...I can't wait to taste mine!

I pulled into the DaveCave's driveway still wearing shorts...there was some champagne powder on the driveway...maybe an inch, but the sun was blazing, and spring was in full force. I pulled on some nylon sweats to make the many trips up and down the stairs...until all the goodies were schlepped to their homes.

I knocked out a solid 4 1/2 hours of sacktime, so I shouldn't suffer tonight, either.

A quick look at the Reno AFD shows cold, cold, cold tonight, with warming days through the week, when more high winds herald the next wave of winter weather. Folks we're looking for March to "go out like a lion" here...too much room in California's reservoirs for comfort.

I noticed an interesting story over at Anthony Watts. site. February 2010 was the first February since records have been kept, without a single Tornado. The recipe for tornadoes is cold Artic airmass meets warm gulf air over North America's Midwest and South...my guess is: MIA in 2010 is the Warm Gulf Airmass...

I also noticed that the first decade of the 21st Century was the snowiest on record too. Not in California, from where I sit...more to come as the numbers shake out...

No comments:

Post a Comment